Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Posted on my support group blog on May 12, 2011

 I just had my 6 month angio, this past monday  I was petrified of this because I was unconscious the first time, and really couldn't fathom being awake for this.  but at the same time. I couldn't wait to get it over with and to find out that I was healed. It was over.  Even though at my 3 month ct scan, my neurosurgeon explained that more than likely he needed to add more coil, because he had to stop early during the operation because I went into vasospasms.  I will blame it on the short term memory thing, lol. but I really thought He was going to say that I was ok.  
     He not only needs to add more coil, but he wants to add a stint to protect the neck.  I just looked at him and said ok,  but thankfully i discussed it with the nurse, I really wanted to know what the heck was wrong with my neck  :)  and she pulled out a pamphlet to show me what he meant.  
      We have scheduled it for june 20th.  and all I want to do is go back to bed.  cant stop crying, picked a big fight with my best friend yesterday.  today all I want to do is hug her, but my husband wants me to wait until tonight to see her, because I don't fight too fairly lately, and he believes I was justified in getting mad at her.  and he knows that I will be a blubbering mess when he gets home. so he needs to be here to keep the sanity.  lol...
      I am so grateful for this site,  I read a lot more than I type.  Some days I do High fives with all of you, and do a testify dance, lol.  You people know exactly what is going on in my head.  other days, I realize that even if I adjust to my new normal, tomorrow can give me a new normal.  I try to just laugh about it all, Its easy to do. I laugh for hours some times.  
      this is my first attempt at blogging, I am going to try to do it when I am happy too, not just when I am sad, but I figured this might help me get up off my pillow for a while.

     Did want to add that when they were prepping me for my angio, they asked me if I was familiar with what was going to happen, and I told them that I belong to this great support group, and that they walked me through what was going to happen, and they were excited that you all were here for me. :)  thanks for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment